What Is Concurrent Care Hospice?
Concurrent care hospice is specialized support for families who have a child who is experiencing a life-limiting illness, including resources and education to help you make informed decisions regarding your child’s care and quality of life. The care plan is tailored to support the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of your child and family including sibling and parent support.
Support and health care services include:
- Scheduled visits with a medical provider and 24/7 physician on-call coverage
- Nurse case management assistance for coordination of care
- Skilled nursing visits
- Social work, chaplain, child life, and dietitian services
- Multidisciplinary bereavement services
With concurrent care hospice, your child can continue to receive any and all care from your medical team. The goal is to help ensure the highest possible quality of life for both the child and your family.
Below is a list of questions to help you consider whether or not concurrent care hospice can benefit your child. If you can answer yes to any of the following, our board-certified pediatric staff is available to provide more information.
- Has your child’s physician talked with you about the uncertainty of their prognosis?
- Has any member of your child’s health care team suggested concurrent care hospice?
- Has your child’s medical condition recently declined?
- Are hospital and emergency room visits becoming more frequent?
We realize it may be difficult to consider palliative or concurrent care hospice for your child. If you would like a private consultation for your family, please reach out to us any time.